Monday, September 3, 2012

New Good Songs: Fading Listening by Shiny Toy Guns



Here's a new good song -- "Fading Listening" by Shiny Toy Guns

Several weeks ago, I thought Shiny Toy Guns had an amazing new song, called "Waiting Alone." But upon repeated listens, I determined it was actually annoying and awful. So I'm almost scared to recommend "Fading Listening." I have given it about a week's worth of repeated listening and still like it, so here's hoping.

I think the issue with this group is the guy. He's sort of irritating. The woman is better. She should sing more, and he less. Another issue is the lyrics, which seem pointless.

"Fading Listening" has a few of those same problems, but tones down the bombastic over-the-top production and gets into a quirky retro groove that's a little more comfortable to listen to. It's good.

Enjoy!

No comments: