Saturday, September 22, 2012

New Good Song: Closer by Tegan and Sara



Here's a new good song -- "Closer" by Tegan and Sara

When I started this blog, one of the purposes (in my mind) was to discuss how I discovered these songs, but as the dust has settled, I basically find 98% of them in iTunes by scanning through all the new releases each Tuesday and giving each and every one a listen. "Closer" has actually not yet been released on iTunes, but is due for release this Tuesday. I actually discovered this song because a former co-worker sent me the link on Facebook. Thank you, BJ.

I like it when creative and talented non-poppy acts give pop a try. Tegan and Sara had a fantastic song several years ago with "Your Number." Their new song, "Closer," does sound like what two alternative twin lesbians would do if their management asked them to move in more radio-friendly direction (which is probably what happened).

Enjoy!

No comments: