Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New Good Song: Thorns by Jessie Baylin



Here's a new good song -- "Thorns" by Jessie Baylin

In what sounds a bit like an homage to Mazzy Starr, Jessie Baylin has created with "Thorns" a song that grows on you quite a bit upon repeated listens. It actually came on my radar two weeks ago, and I added it to my "Now" playlist. Normally, I give new songs I kinda like a few days or a week "trial period" in that playlist before rendering a decision. And there are times when songs move off and back on this list. That's a strange quality of songs -- some can seem good right away and then turn out to be bad; others vice versa.

"Thorns" has been a somewhat ignored part of my playlist until recently, when I really began to appreciate the chilly production and clever lyrics, with well-delivered vocals. This is a song not at all of this time, and it will not be to everyone's taste. But if you at all care for it, I would encourage downloading it and giving it repeated listens, because it ages nicely.

Enjoy!

No comments: