Saturday, September 22, 2012

New Good Song: Two Way Street by Kimbra



Here's a new good song -- "Two Way Street" by Kimbra

Kimbra is so talented it's ridiculous. She is responsible for some of 2012's very best song, and she writes them! First, she was on Gotye's "Somebody That I Used To Know," which is still the years' best new song. Then she had "Warrior," with Mark Foster and A-Trak, which is so far one of the year's 10 best songs, not to mention one of the most durable (i.e., it doesn't get old upon repeated listens, trust me). Now the follow-up to "Warrior" is "Two Way Street," which has become her highest-charting song in her native New Zealand (No. 6).

For the sake of disclosure, I need to admit I'm actually behind the times on Kimbra's output. She actually has an ever newer song than "Two Way Street," called "Come Into My Head," which has an amazing video (that definitely channels Regina Spektor) and is also a very clever song. But for the moment, I am enamored with "Two Way Street," which is just beautiful. That transition chord into the chorus is one of the best into-chorus transitions I've ever heard. It's at 00:53. As usual, I suggest good headphones.

Enjoy!

No comments: