Saturday, June 16, 2012

5 new good songs for running



My friend Denise wrote to tell me (a) that she has not been able to post comments on this blog, which has been a comment that others have made to me; I don't know what's wrong. And (b) she, an avid runner, wanted recommendations for new good songs for running.

As it happens, I keep an ongoing playlist on my iPhone called "Calisthenics," which is for when I work out. So I do have some thoughts about this. Note: The video above is for a song called "Run," by Matt Nathanson f/ Sugarland, and although it was a new good song earlier in 2012, it may not be ideal for running, since it's a ballad.

Here are five good new songs from 2012 that you might enjoy for a run:

1. "Yoyo" by Pop Inc. This is brand new and doesn't yet appear on YouTube, so you will have to either take my word for it or give the preview on iTunes a listen. Good for a burst of energy.

2. "Blood Pressure" by MuteMath. Good for burst of energy.

3. "Look Around" by Red Hot Chili Peppers. Good for picking up the pace.

4. "Love On Top" by Beyonce. Good for building pace.

5. "Called Out In The Dark" by Snow Patrol. Good for keeping steady pace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Also hooray, I commented! Firefox appears to be the problem. I'm in Safari now, and it let me comment. But ... it showed it twice so I removed one, and now it's only showing a removed comment. Grrr!

The original comment said, "All have been added to my playlist. I had never heard any of these, so thanks for the new good running songs!"