Thursday, August 16, 2012

New Good Song: Save Me by Gotye



Here's a new good song -- "Save Me" by Gotye

I think Gotye may be this generation's Peter Gabriel, and that's just about as high a praise as I can offer. "So," the first album I ever owned, is still one of the best I have ever heard. Gabriel has a way of being experimental and genre-less while still producing gorgeous and catchy music that can be appreciated by young and old listeners who like rock, pop, soul or alternative. I suspect Gotye would cite Gabriel as an inspiration although I have never read anything to that effect.

"Save Me" is another simple but thoughtful piece of melancholy brilliance, following "Easy Way Out." Even when Gotye tries to be upbeat on "I Feel Better," there's still a sad undertone, as there's an implication the singer was not feeling well before.
Enjoy!

No comments: