Friday, October 30, 2015

New Good Song: "Hello," Adele 10.30.15

Here's a new good song: "Hello" by Adele. Adele is a singer that I'm so pleased is popular, for several reasons. She has genuine vocal and songwriting talent. Her song arrangements and instrumentals are timeless. She's classy. And she doesn't rely on trendy gimmicks for attention. All that said, I'm a song loyal person, and I must confess that I have not particularly liked too many of her songs. There always seems to be something about the melody lines that I find off-the-mark. "Set Fire To The Rain" and "Skyfall" were the 39th and 69th best new good songs of 2012 respectively. I also liked "Cold Shoulder," which was released during my 18-year hiatus from methodically tracking my favorite songs. I didn't care too much for "Chasing Pavements" or "Someone Like You," and was ambivalent about "Rolling In The Deep."

Now here's "Hello," and prematurely I'd say it is my favorite song by her so far, but we'll see whether that opinion holds up against overexposure. For now, it's got that fresh new wow factor. Enjoy!

No comments: