Sunday, February 26, 2017

New Good Song: "Chained To The Rhythm," Katy Perry f/ Skip Marley 2.26.17

Here's a new good song: "Chained To The Rhythm" by Katy Perry f/ Skip Marley. In the '90s, my taste was very mainstream. In the '00s, I didn't find much of anything I liked, but to the extent I did, it was generally mainstream. In the '10s, though, my taste has become more obscure, probably because it's easier to find non-mainstream music than it ever has been. But as mainstream acts go, Katy Perry is among my favorite. Her output is consistently solid, this included. I also appreciate the attempt to go at least somewhat deeper, lyrically, than what is typically on the radio. Great throwback production and vocal performance here as well. The synth on pre-chorus ("So put your rose-colored glasses on ...") is especially delicious. Enjoy!

No comments: