Friday, August 14, 2015

New Good Song: "Back Together," Robin Thicke f/ Nicki Minaj 8.14.15

Here's a new good song: "Back Together" by Robin Thicke f/ Nicki Minaj. I'm still not sure how I feel about Robin Thicke generally speaking, but I will always acknowledge good songs regardless of the delivery method. "Blurred Lines" was the 30th best new good song of 2013, based on a formula calculated from weekly charts I created for myself that year. The song did well on my personal charts several months before it gained mainstream popularity, and had that horrendously offensive video, all of which -- combined with over-exposure -- left me a bit regretful that it ended up at No. 30. He also had the 67th best new good song of 2012, "Pretty Lil' Heart," a great song that may have ranked higher had it not featured Lil Wayne, who's awful. Nicki Minaj had the No. 1 best new good song of 2011, "Super Bass," and the 57th best new good song of 2014, "Anaconda." I get what she's doing and I think she's brilliant. Anyway, "Back Together" is a good song. Hope it doesn't get overplayed. Enjoy!

No comments: