Monday, March 9, 2015

New Good Song: "Honest Affection (Remix B)," Kye Kye 3.9.15

Here's a new good song: "Honest Affection (Remix B)" by Kye Kye. The original "Honest Affection" was the 31st best new good song of 2013. (Listen to that song here. See the list of the 100 best new good songs of 2013 here.) Anyway, I normally wouldn't bother to include a remix, but this is a pretty incredible re-imagining of a song that was already incredible to begin with.

A side note: Each year I post a list of the best new good songs of the year, in my opinion. Here's the 2014 list. Here's the 2012 list. Anyway, as time passes, it becomes clear that some songs hold up better than others -- some get even better with age, while others fade out. Despite this, I don't revise my year-end lists. But I will say that "Honest Affection," at #31 for 2013, is, in my March 2015 view, better than some of the songs that out-ranked in. It holds up very well and probably deserved a higher spot on that year's year-end list. Especially considering that "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke was #30. My opinion has changed.


No comments: