Thursday, July 5, 2012

New Good Song: Enough of No Love by Keyshia Cole



Here's a new good song -- "Enough of No Love" by Keyshia Cole f/ Lil Wayne

As I've mentioned previously, the gross dearth of real/quality R&B in 2012 means that each trickling of output gets quite a bit of my attention, and it's possible that the strong hunger for such music lowers the bar a bit. Perhaps "Enough of No Love" would barely have been a blip on the radar had it been released 10 or 15 years ago. But it is what it is, and what it is is a new good song.

What we have here is great singing and a to-the-heart message, emotionally delivered over a dramatic, full production. Naturally Lil Wayne's unnecessary contribution sours the song, but I have come to accept that Lil Wayne makes a nice living off making good songs less good. I wish I had seen the opening for that job several years ago, because I'd have dropped whatever I was doing to pursue his career.

I discovered this song on iTunes. Always keep an eye on the R&B/Soul chart for new songs.

No comments: